Online Gift Shop


An Introduction to the Quincy Mine

In stock
Product Details

An Introduction To Quincy Mine National Historic Landmark: Quincy Mine Keweenaw National Historical Park Co-operating Site by Heather L. Spencer.

Paperback.  16 pages.
Genres:  nonfiction, historical.


The Quincy Mine site has been part of the Keweenaw landscape since the mid-nineteenth century. Incorporated in 1846, the Quincy Mining Company actively mined the Pewabic Lode on Quincy Hill almost without interruption from 1856 until 1931, seventy-five consecutive years of deep-shaft mining. During the nineteenth century, the Quincy Mine grew from a small encampment run by a handful of miners into the second largest copper company in the Lake Superior copper mining district.

Save this product for later